Fairbanks, Alaska - The Alaska Interior Marksmanship Committee (AIM-COMM) seeks community members, who have a desire to promote the safe and responsible use of firearms in our community, to join our volunteer-based team.
Currently (as of November 13, 2022), we have the following open volunteer seats and positions:
- Hunter Education Division (Vice-Chair) - member of the Board of Directors (voting member)
- Law Enforcement Division (Chair) - member of the Board of Directors (voting member)
- Law Enforcement Division (Vice-Chair) - member of the Board of Directors (voting member)
- Public Shooting Division (Vice-Chair) - member of the Board of Directors (voting member)
- Youth Shooting Division (Chair) - member of the Board of Directors (voting member)
AIM-COMM's purpose is to foster the development of marksmanship, the safe and ethical use of firearms and to support and promote use of the Alaska Department of Fish & Game Hunter Education Indoor Shooting Range. AIM-COMM, founded in 2000, is an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit and Alaska’s first NRA Gold Medal Club. AIM-COMM was recognized as the NRA National Club (Organization) of the Year, for 2018.
Volunteer Board Members:
* Be age 21 or older
* Be an NRA member or become an NRA member (for all board of directors positions)
* Have (or get) a Range ID number (issued at the ADF&G Hunter Education Indoor Shooting Range during Walk-in Public Shooting Hours)
* Have a clean record – no significant criminal history, legally able to possess firearms
* Be able to commit (preferably) 2-3 years (minimum) to the volunteer position
* Be reliable, trustworthy, friendly, and a team player, with excellent communication skills and a desire to help others
* Be able to meet monthly, for board meetings (about 2 hours), typically held second Sunday of the month in the early evening around 5 P.M.
* Have reliable Internet access and competently use email and access websites on a regular basis
- Certification as an NRA Instructor in one or more disciplines
- Certification as an NRA Range Safety Officer or Chief Range Safety Officer