Fairbanks, Alaska - The Alaska Interior Marksmanship Committee (AIM-COMM) is growing and seeks community members, who have a desire to promote the safe and responsible use of firearms in our community, to join our volunteer-based team and family.
Currently, we have the following open volunteer seats and positions:
Board of Directors
- Public Shooting Division (Vice-Chair)
- Hunter Education Division (Vice-Chair)
- Executive Secretary
AIM-COMM's purpose is to foster the development of marksmanship, the safe and ethical use of firearms and to support and promote use of the Alaska Department of Fish & Game Hunter Education Indoor Shooting Range. AIM-COMM, founded in 2000, is an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit and Alaska’s first NRA Gold Medal Club.
Volunteer Board Members:
* Be age 21 or older
* Be an NRA member or become an NRA member (for all board of directors positions)
* Have (or get) a Range ID number (issued at the ADF&G Hunter Education Indoor Shooting Range during Walk-in Public Shooting Hours)
* Have a clean record – no significant criminal history, legally able to possess firearms
* Be able to commit (preferably) 2-3 years (minimum) to the volunteer position
* Be reliable, trustworthy, friendly, and a team player, with excellent communication skills and a desire to help others
* Be able to meet monthly, for board meetings (about 2 hours), typically held second Sunday of the month starting at 4 or 5 P.M.
* Have reliable Internet access and able to use email and access websites on a regular basis